Monday, December 2, 2013

Trimming the Christmas Tree

We typically trim the Christmas the day after Thanksgiving, but that didn't happen since Matt went to the ER. Papa Nick helped me get the tree down from the attic and then a couple of days later I put it up all by myself. I was quite impressed with myself because that tree is very heavy. With everything that had happened in the past few days I just wasn't in the spirit to decorate the entire house this year. I also knew the girls wouldn't keep their hands off the tree so we just put up their ornaments this year.

Each year, we give the girls an ornament that represents something that special meaning to them that particular year.  This year we chose to give them an ornament that we purchased in London.  Matt and I bought these princess ornaments at the Windsor Castle gift shop.  Mallory and Maggie both loved them.  Mallory wanted to play with hers so we had to have several discussions of fragile they are and they are not to be played with.  I want them to be enjoyed for many years.



After we decorated the tree, we had our traditional Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes.   This has been a tradition in my family for as long as I can remember.  This year, Little Debbie came out with red velvet cakes and they were terrific.  

Here are the girls and Matt enjoying their treats.




No comments:

Post a Comment