Saturday, April 5, 2014

Surprise Anniversary Party

Back in February when Matt and I were celebrating nine years it dawned on me that my parents will have been married 43 years this year. I told Matt I really would like to give them a surprise party since they wouldn't let me do anything for their 40th anniversary. Matt told me I could and so I started making plans. First Matt called and told my parents we wanted to cook dinner for them for their anniversary and scheduled a date in case they were asked to do something that date. My mom took the bait when he called her. Next, I emailed their closest friends for them to keep April 5th open as well.

As I continued to plan the party, I thought "oh no, what if my parents come over looking less than stellar!?!?!?"  I bold faced lied to them (yes- I did feel guilty) and said that Matt got a gift certificate to some nice restaurant and we were going to go there instead.  My mom took the bait again!  Whew!

Let's fast forward to party time: Here are our two tables decorated with some arrangements that I got at Costco.  Who would have thought.



I ordered the dinner from Elke's, in Allen, and the food was amazing! My friend, Heather Vancil, made the cake for us. She is a baker and lives in Oklahoma City now, but she was down for the weekend.  The cake was fantastic and there were hardly any leftovers. Insert tear.



My parents being goofy and cutting the cake together.



My parents were so surprised and they had a wonderful time with all their friends.  They have known some of these people longer than 43 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment