Monday, August 24, 2015

Mallory's First Day of First Grade

Mallory started first grade today and she seemed to be really excited while we were at the house.  We had donuts for breakfast and even took a fun picture on our way out the door.  Mallory chose this dress because it is aquamarine and wore her new tiara headband.


Mallory was talkative on the way to school and never got sad or nervous like she did on the way to Kindergarten last year. We parked the Tahoe and started walking towards the school and I tried to hold her hand. She refused and was acting really weird - weird to the point my feelings started to get hurt. This girl LOVES to hug and hold my hand.  I couldn't understand the way she was acting, but tried to just grin and bear it - maybe she thought she was too grown up to hold my hand anymore.



This picture explains her actions earlier to me.  She didn't want to hold my hand because she didn't want to be left alone.  When it was time for Matt, Maggie, and me to leave she about lost it. I was so surprised!  We calmed her down and Mrs. Oldner was so sweet to her!  It broke my heart to leave her, but I knew she would be just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment