Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Guest Room Makeover

The furniture in the guest bedroom was the first furniture purchase I made after graduating from college.  It is really nice, but I'm tired of it and want to update the room. I tried selling it, but nobody was willing to pay the asking price...which was a lot. It was expensive and is still in great condition.  After much research online, I decided to paint it with chalk paint.  Matt was a huge help because he is just a better painter than I am.

BEFORE photos:  plain pine furniture, tan walls, and light blue/brown bedding.  




AFTER photos: white furniture accented with gold drawer pulls, new fabric headboard, gray walls, and navy blue/white/yellow bedding.  I even made the sunburst mirror above the bed using a small circle mirror, contractor shims, and lots and lots of hot glue.  I absolutely LOVE the way the room turned out.  I've very impressed with myself - not to be boastful.







No comments:

Post a Comment