Thursday, November 19, 2015

First Grade Pioneer Day

First grade has a Pioneer Day where they learn all about life as a pioneer.  The teachers suggest the children dress us as pioneers so I purchased a costume because I knew both Mallory and Maggie could wear it.  Here is pilgrim Mallory. She looked so cute waiting for the bus stop in her costume.


I volunteered at Pioneer Day and there was a ton of things for the kids to do.  They made homemade butter and soap.  They made an antique type toy and learned all about living long ago.  I was in charge of teaching them about antiques.  I was so tired when it was over - I talked for two hours straight to 12 groups of kids. Some of them where great and some where NOT!

Here is a cute picture of Asher and Mallory that was posted on the first grade Facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment