The Plano Balloon Festival was this weekend and the girls really wanted to see hot air balloons. I won't pay to go to this festival because the two times we have the balloons never launched due to wind. Earlier in the week, I let Mallory and Maggie know that hopefully we could some balloons from the neighbors backyard. (Before the houses were built to the west of us we could see the ballons.)
Now let's fast forward to this weekend. The girls and I were up early Saturday morning and had on Fox news. The reporter stated that the balloons were heading back to the park. I thought the drive is 10 minutes down the road, let's go!!! We all went to the bathroom, ran out to get in the Tahoe, and hurried down to the park. As we arrived the balloons were just coming back. I pulled off onto a side street and we had a great time.
This balloon flew right over us and was pretty low to the ground. We got to see them pull the fire string (or whatever it is called) to give it some more gas (so to speak).
I wanted to take a picture of the girls with the balloons in the background and this is the best I could get. Mallory decided it was funny face day.
No comments:
Post a Comment