Each day we pray for Maggie to have a good swim class and to be brave. Last night and this morning we prayed a bunch for Maggie because of show day. I had told her that she didn't have to participate, but I changed my mind. I let her know that she needed to at least give it a try and she said okay.
Maggie was so brave! She cried a little and refused to jump into the pool, but she would basically fall into the pool. Maggie's fear is her head under the water. These first pictures she has her clothes on because Haw Haw teaches them how it feels to fall into the pool with clothes on and how to take off their shoes so they can swim to safety easier.
She would put her face under water for about 1-2 seconds, but that was it.
Mallory and me being goofy when Maggie was waiting in line to do the next task.
Look at that smile. Maggie did have fun with some of the tasks. She won't swim with her face in the water, but she will let them push her down to "dive" for stuff on the bottom of the pool. Mallory and I were so proud of her. I think the sweetest thing was quite a few of the parents would clap for Maggie and yell out her name when she did well. Everyone there knew she was scared and they were so sweet to her. After lessons were over she got a swew (blue) Popsicle and I believe that was the best part in her mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment