This year, Mallory and I both agreed that Maggie should have a Bubble Guppies themed party. Maggie doesn't watch much television, but she definitely knows when Mallory is watching Bubble Guppies. She can be in her own little world and as soon as she hears Molly talking she runs up to the TV and squeals "bub-els, bub-els." Maggie watches the show for about ten seconds and then is off playing again. If you have never watched this show, you should. It teaches children about math, reading, and the arts and is one of the few shows that is enjoyable for parents to watch as well.
When planning the party, I decided it would be in the morning and outside. Best decision ever! The weather was great, the party was over by nap time, and everyone had the rest of their day free. I used balloons and table clothes that went with the color scheme of the girl Bubble Guppies.
Here are my centerpieces for the two tables.
The birthday banner that I made.
Matt blew up two pools for the kids to play in. The water was pretty cold, but that didn't stop them. Here is our friend Ethan ready to jump in for some splashing around.
Sweet Everly
Enjoying the hot dog lunch.
Maggie getting ready to blow out the candles. She is not afraid of fire!
Mallory wanted her picture taken with Everly. I love this picture.
The sweet birthday girl holding on to one of her gifts. She had no idea that the presents were for her and just wanted to play. Mallory was so excited to be able to open all the gifts.
Our party favors. One of Mallory's favorite episodes is The Legend of Pinkfoot. The guppies go camping and have s'mores to try to get Pinkfoot to come and visit them.
No comments:
Post a Comment