Maggie has been saying for a while now that she didn't like the yellow walls in her room. "They aren't as pretty as Mallory's," she would say. I have been over the yellow walls too, but didn't want to paint and I wasn't going to tell Maggie. I just keep letting her know that when it was time to get rid of her baby dresser we would update her room. Well, that day has come - Ashlee and Chase are in the process of fostering to adopt and they asked for the baby bed and dresser. With that said - it was time for us to start working on a REAL big girl room for Maggie.
I had an idea of what type of dresser I wanted for her and started looking around online. I found the PERFECT dresser on craigslist and Matt went and picked up during lunch one day. The dresser was in her room for a couple of weeks until Guy Guy could come over and help me paint. (He and Mammy kept Maggie while I went to Mallory's field trip and Guy Guy surprised me by painting the entire room. That was so nice of him.) Two days later, (4/18) the girls went to Greenville for a sleep over because Matt and I had a wedding to go to that night. After he came home, we went to World Market and found the perfect mirror to go with the dresser. When Maggie came home the next day she was so happy with her finished room. We all love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment