Mallory originally stated she did not want her walls painted, but then she saw Maggie's. Do I need to say more? We didn't mind painting her room, but it definitely made me have to rethink how I was going to refinish her chest of drawers. Thankfully, I had just started stripping the paint off when she asked that her room be painted as well. The original plan was to paint the chest green to go with her night stand, but we decided to not do that. It just wouldn't look right. After much research and looking at paint sample after paint sample Matt and I agreed this route would look great. Here is her refinished dresser:
I wanted to use chalk paint, but it is so expensive. I found out how to make my own and it was very easy. The only negative is I should have used primer before using the white paint - I didn't think I would need to because with legit chalk paint you don't have to.
Mallory picked out the drawer pulls. She did a really good job.
Here is the finished room. It is missing the mirror because at the time we had not found one yet.
We moved her bed as well, because she wanted furniture moved as well. I didn't want to move it, but Matt likes it better this way.
No comments:
Post a Comment