Mallory's homework assignment this week was to make a diorama of the animal she is studying in class. Each student was able to choose the animal they wanted to study and Mallory chose a tiger. We went to the library and got a couple of books to review where Tigers live etc. After much thought, we decided that the forest habitat would be the easiest habitat to recreate.
Mallory did a large part of the project and I obviously helped. Each parent had too - I did the cutting, taping, and gluing.
Mallory - drew and colored all the trees in the background, minus the one I did to show her how, drew the tiger cubs, colored the forest floor, and drew the majority of the trees in the front that we cut out.
We had fun doing this project. All of us are excited to see it (and the other students) when they are presented at Open House next week. I am also looking forward to many more projects like this in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment